WordPress Performance Team Finds Classic Theme Template Loading Optimization Could Improve User Experience and Increase Traffic
Welcome to WP Briefs for Monday, May 29th, 2023. It was WordPress 20th birthday this weekend. Happy Birthday WordPress!
Moving on to the articles.
In our first story, WordPress’ Performance Team has published a summary of their core performance analysis which found that improving template loading for classic themes could make a major impact. This highlights the importance of optimizing website performance to enhance user experience and potentially increase website traffic.
In the next story, we have an interview with the Executive Director of WordPress, Josepha Haden Chomphosy, on how free and open-source software is the secret to its continued success. This emphasizes the values and principles that have been integral to WordPress since its inception.
Our third story is a new video from WordPress TV which teaches developers how to debug in WordPress. It covers various tools and plugins that can be used to improve code quality and find and fix errors in code execution or database queries. This video will be useful for developers looking to build better websites on WordPress.
In our fourth story, we learn about SlotFills and fillProps in the block editor. These are components that allow developers to insert other components in different locations within an application, making it easier to build blocks or work with Gutenberg APIs. This highlights some of the advanced features available on WordPress for developers.
Next up is an anniversary celebration as we wish Happy 20th Anniversary to WordPress! Co-founders Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little had a vision twenty years ago: create a platform where anyone could easily share their ideas with the world - and they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.
Our sixth story reflects on these past two decades by celebrating milestones, community, and envisioning the future of WordPress. The platform has come far from its humble beginnings as a blogging tool - it now powers over 40% of all websites on the internet!
Next we walk through customizing core block style variations via theme.json instead of using custom stylesheets - this provides more flexibility while building your site’s design.
Finally, we have a book series celebrating WordPress’ milestones throughout its history. Volume two covers the most recent ten years (2013-2023) and explores how WordPress has evolved during this time.
That’s it for today’s WP Briefs - have a great day!
- WordPress 6.2 Core Performance Analysis Finds Improving Template Loading for Classic Themes Could Make a Major Impact
- Executive Director Of WordPress On 20 Years Of Innovation via @sejournal, @martinibuster
- New video from WordPress TV: Debugging in WordPress
- SlotFills and fillProps in the block editor
- Happy 20th Anniversary, WordPress! We Wouldn’t Be Here Without You
- 20 Years of WordPress: Celebrating Milestones, Community, and the Future
- Customizing core block style variations via theme.json
- With Mike Little and Dries Buytaert
- WordPress and Drupal Co-Founders Discuss Open Source, AI, and the Future of the Web
- New video from WordPress TV: Blockworld – Survival Guide for a PHP developer
- Celebrating 20 Years of WordPress
- Celebrate 20 Years of WordPress by Exploring the 20-Year Written History of the Project