Exploring WordPress Costs, Block vs. Classic Themes, and Smart Security Measures: Your Daily Dose of WP Updates
Welcome to WP Briefs, your daily dose of WordPress news and updates. Today is Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023. In today’s news, we have several interesting stories that will keep you up to date with the latest in the world of WordPress.
First up, we have an article exploring the costs associated with running a WordPress website. While WordPress itself is free to use, there are other expenses involved in maintaining a website that uses this platform. The article delves into these costs and offers some tips on how to mitigate them.
Next, we have an article discussing the two different paths that users can take when it comes to using WordPress. Users can either choose between a classic theme or a new block theme and decide whether they want to work with the Block Editor or stick with the Classic version.
Moving on, we have a series of videos from WordPress TV. The first features Maestro Stevens discussing smart security measures for protecting your WordPress website from potential threats. This presentation will provide valuable insights for both beginners and experienced users looking to understand their website’s security status better.
In another video from WordPress TV, Timothy Jacobs talks about Passkeys - The Future of Authentication. He explores ways hackers can break into user accounts and explains how Passkeys promises to deliver simpler yet more secure authentication methods across the web.
Our next video features David Lockie discussing GenerativeAI and WordPress. David briefly explains these technologies’ workings and how they fit into AI and technology trends more broadly before delving into some examples of GenerativeAI in use today. He also discusses how these technologies intersect with WordPress.
Lastly, Ben Dunkle addresses one of the most important questions facing developers working with FSE (Full Site Editing) and block-based themes: Are Child Themes Dead? In his talk, he proposes best practices for handling child themes and site customization.
And that concludes today’s edition of WP Briefs! We hope you found these stories informative and useful. Join us again tomorrow for more WordPress news and updates.
- Is WordPress Really Free? The Costs of Running a WordPress Site
- WordPress Offers Two Very Different Paths: That’s a Good Thing
- New video from WordPress TV: Maestro Stevens: Safeguarding Your Website – Smart WordPress Security
- New video from WordPress TV: Timothy Jacobs: Passkeys -The Future of Authentication
- New video from WordPress TV: GenerativeAI & WordPress: buckle up, it’s going to be a wild ride
- New video from WordPress TV: Ben Dunkle: Are Child Themes Dead?
- Critical Decision-Making for WordPress Accessibility
- New video from WordPress TV: WordPress Through the Terminal